Why should I engage a maid agency?

We provide comprehensive services to assist you in employing a maid. We are the One-Stop service that takes care of all the hassles of Work Permit application, security bond, insurance, travel arrangement, medical screening, etc. away from you. 

We also provide professional counselling and coaching to all maids regardless whether the maid is from our agency.

Can I employ maid from any country?

No, you can only employ maid from MOM (Ministry of Manpower) approved source of countries for FDW (Foreign Domestic Workers). The countries are: Malaysia , Philippines , Indonesia , Thailand , Myanmar , Sri Lanka , India and Bangladesh .

What is a security bond?

Employer is responsible for the repatriation of the maid. You are required to post a security deposit (bond) of $5,000 per maid with the Work Permit Department, MOM. If you fail to repatriate the maid after cancellation of her work permit, you risk losing the $5,000 security deposit (bond).

Can I avoid making the $5,000 security deposit?

Yes, you can purchase an insurance policy with various options to avoid making the $5,000 deposit. However, you may (depending on the insurance package and options you purchase) still be liable for the $5,000 if you fail to repatriate the maid for any reason required by the Law in Singapore.

Personal Accident Insurance

Employers are required to purchase personal accident insurance coverage for the maid, the minimum sum insured is $15,000. 

What medical checks are necessary for my maid?

Within 14 days of your maid arrival to Singapore, she must undergo a medical examination, and certified fit. Thereafter, the maid is required to undergo six-monthly medical screening, for VDRL, pregnancy, and HIV.

Am I responsible for the medical expenses of the maid?

Yes, as an Employer, you are required to bear the full cost of the medical care, including hospitalization. It is advisable to have insurance coverage for hospitalization expenses for your maid. Depending on the options you choose when purchasing personal accident insurance coverage, it may have been included.
How much is the maid levy?

A Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) levy of $265 (normal) or $170 (concession) is payable every month. Levy charges begin one day after the FDW arrives in Singapore. For first-time FDWs, the levy will begin on the fourth day of the worker’s arrival (excluding the day of arrival).

Payment should be paid via GIRO. The FDW’s Work Permit (WP) will be cancelled if you fail to maintain a valid GIRO account. Levy is payable by employers at the end of each month. However employers are given up to 14 days to make payment, ie. by the 14th of the following month. The levy payment is deducted via GIRO 3 days later, i.e. on the 17th of the following month. If 17th is a non-working day, the deduction will be made on the next working day.

Can I claim tax relief for maid levy?

You can claim tax relief if:

  1. You are a married woman and has elected for separate assessment; or
  2. You are married and your husband is not resident in Singapore; or
  3. You are separated or divorced or widowed and living with your unmarried child for whom you can claim child relief.


The relief is two times the amount of maid levy paid for one maid. It can only be set off against the earned income of the wife. Single taxpayers are not eligible for this relief. You can get the relief even if the levy is paid by the husband.

Maid wants to send money home?

They can send via Western Union which recognized as the fastest and most efficient methods to send money worldwide and this service is available at selected 50 post offices in Singapore.
Maid went missing?

You should cancel her work permit immediately to stop the levy payment. You are then given 1 month to locate and repatriate her. Otherwise, you risk losing the $5,000 security deposit.

Maid got pregnant?

You must repatriate the maid immediately 

Looking for the Complete and Official guide for employing a maid?

You should go to Ministry Of Man Power – MOM website to down load the Guide for Employing Foreign Domestic Worker